Sunday, August 31, 2008

My point of view about Information Literacy (IL)

The Information of Literacy or known as IL is a subject that offered in ICT program as core-course which is all of ICT students should take it as one of their subjects. I’m ICT student and it is compulsory for me to learn it. Initially, I’m blurring and have no knowledge about this subject. I’m always think that IL is a difficult subject and I don’t know either I can learn it well or not. Fortunately, in my schedule I need to take this subject when I’m in the third semester that is my final semester.

Day by day, and now I’m in the final semester. Again, I still worried and afraid to learn this subject. When the first class starts, I try to listen well on what my lecturer going to say. According to my lecturer, she said that IL subject is almost same like Computer 1 subjects. “Hmmm, quite boring..!” that is the first sentence that playing in my mind.. am I naughty right?? But, that is only word and means nothing. The fact is, I like this subject. Because of this subject, I have already gotten much knowledge. Now, I know about the network application on computer, the details about information system, e-commerce and other else that I never know. Hopefully, I can do well in my examination and hope that I can succeed in my job because I want to be a good lecturer like my other lectures.

I believe that with my future job that is ICT Lecturer, I can give much and new information about IL to the new generation. I want to explain to them that IL is not a difficult subject to learn but it is important subject because we can gain benefit from that. For example, we can relate it to the surrounding and may also apply it in our daily life.




No comments: